Monday, July 12, 2010

Cloud

Life has been advancing in hopeless directions that I cannot quite fully understand. Once again I realize that Content at the end of the day really doesn't matter, compared to Why sometimes How does make more sense. Because if you ask Why chances are the final, definitive answer is: because I say so you dumbass. How, on the other hand, allows the same shit to be, in terms of perceived reality at least, not the same shit anymore.

In all seriousness I think my dad is very right, as he elaborated my work is not completely pointless and I really shouldn't be complain about it since I'm paid quite well to do whatever it is that I'm doing. On the other hand, the Western, or more specifically, American side of my rationale has been yelling into my subconscious, screaming at my own sentimentality to change. To embrace the chaos. To become, as I know I am, me. In short I've become more than usually indecisive.

A thought over technology stocks: I've been hearing things about a mobile internet revolution, tech stocks undervalued, etc. This smells really fishy, reminiscent of the dot com bubble at the turn of the new century. The arguments are all completely valid, driving demand for efficiency, greater connectivity and business potentials, exactly like they used to be. I would think that manufacturers of essential parts in mobile devices will continue to do business. But it definitely won't be on the Apple inc. scale, in fact, Apple itself won't be on the Apple scale any more I suspect, as novelty, perfection of design innovations, as pessimistic as it may sound, has a practical limitation. As great as the Iphone 4, it is no where near as ground breaking as the Iphone 3, which was in turn less phenomenal than the now antique Ipod.

On the other hand I'm really more into this concept of the Cloud. Somehow I don't like to add the word technology behind it, as the fundamental appeal of the Cloud seems more social and structural than technical, but what do I know. Anyway, platform is the key word, iTune is a good example with its third party developed Apps, i.e. Virtual Consumables. And this, I see, is the difference between this time and last time. The product chain is being completed, not just the separated dots that it used to be.





No comments: